- improving care skills (knowledge and abilities) of adult informal caregivers in providing home care for dependent elderly people.
- providing professional, personalized and relationship-based training in home care for informal caregivers for the elderly.
- promoting lifelong learning, among others by offering flexible learning modes for adults in the form of an open online educational platform.
Adults acting as informal caregivers, that is those who provide regular, lasting, physical and / or emotional support and assistance for the elderly in everyday activities.
The terms informal caregiver and family or natural caregiver are increasingly used in discussions and literature regarding the care of the elderly and the chronically ill. It most often includes a family member of an elderly person, neighbour, friend or other close person who helps the elderly in their daily activities in their natural environment, i.e. at home. Indirectly, the addressees are the elderly themselves: the use of HomeCare resources by caregivers will enable elderly people to obtain more professional and tailored care in their place of residence (which is of great importance for this group of people). It will also provide them with a better quality of life thanks to the greater knowledge and better skills of the caregivers. The professionalization of the services among caregivers constitutes significant support for the institutional system of care for the elderly in their place of residence, which is characterized by a more individualized manner. It is particularly important and necessary in the context of the above-mentioned statistical data and demographic forecasts.
The project will create:
- The elderly home care learning path for informal caregivers, which assumes a holistic approach to the problem of providing care for a dependent elderly person at home, that is providing basic knowledge and skills in performing care functions and a proactive approach to ageing of the person under care.
- An online training for informal caregivers of the elderly at home, which is to provide adults with the necessary competences (knowledge and skills) to act as caregivers for dependent elderly people.